Automatic Entry or not after Wedding in a Country

People generally ask a lot about the mixed marriages which make people  move across the borders. Imagine a lady from Japan who fell in love with a  USA man.  In the age of multiculturalism , you don’t have be surprised  by this news. It is a routine now. You were married to a citizen of America and would like to move to live in the United States. Unfortunately, the status of United States citizen spouse does not give an automatic right of entry. You still need a Fiancee Visa. The immigration laws of the United States provides 2 types of visas for spouses of American citizens:

1.immigration visa spouse IR1 or CR1.

2.a non-immigrant visa k-3

What is a Spousal Visa?

IR1 visa is an immigration visa, which can be issued to United States citizen spouse if the marriage has lasted for more than 2 years. The advantage of this visa is that you arrived in the United States as a permanent resident of the United States. This means that you will be provided Spousal Visa with a wide range of rights, including the right freely to leave and return to the United States, the right to work without special authorization and much more. The main disadvantage of this type of visa is extended, compared to visa k-3, the term of consideration of petitions (from 6 to 12 months) during which you, as a rule, may not get another visa and entry into the United States.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s